Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Masti at night

Everyone told me "College Life is unpredictable." Now, I am a very unassuming kind of a person. So sudden plans had never been a part of my life style. However, once Symbiosis happened, everything I had believed in till then went for a toss. In Delhi, going for a movie post 6 was unthinkable for a girl. But Pune made me realize there is life beyond your room's four walls post 6 p.m. as well.

"Wake up Sid" created a furor in my college. My friends were of the opinion that you should go to see the movie becaue in some way or the other you will be able to identify with the storyline. Another thing that was said, but in undertones, was that don't go with your parents to see it, they will also see a lot of similarities between you and the storyline, and that will raise a series of remarks best left unsaid (Arghh). Anyway, it released just as my exams were about to begin. Not that we study a lot, but still it makes the conscience clear if we don't go out immediately before the exams. As it turned out, this time it was not to be.

One day, after a tiring day at college, my roommate came up with the brilliant plan of going for the movie. The main question was, where would we get transportation to travel from our hill to civilization at 7 p.m. Then my friend had a brilliant idea. I will not divulge the exact information but just let me say that we were four people who went for the 7 p.m. show of 'Wake up Sid' that day - me, my roomie (Padma). our friend (Nikhilesh) and my dean's daughter. (wink wink...:D)

We got into my dean's car and rode away at full speed in order to catch the 7 o' clock show of the movie. Since our hill is around an hour away from civilization, we reached there with just around 10 minutes to spare. The movie itself was an amazing one (no, I am not saying it just because it was the first movie we had seen in the theater in around three months). According to me, sitting in a darkened theater, watching Ranbir's antics and eating stale salted popcorn with a cold drink is a must have experience for one and all.

Coming out of the theater at 10 pm, we all were ravenous. But at that point of time, all our regular eating joints (or let me put it this way, the ones we could afford...:D) were shut down. Oh, by the way, I think I forgot to mention, it was raining like cats and dogs that night. We were all soaked by the time we got into the car. Searching around for a place to eat, finally we landed up at a Dhaba on our way back to our hill. Eating hot paranthas there while the rain pitter pattered on the tin roof above us, with the dhaba almost empty, I had one of the best times of my life.

Finally it was time for us to start our journey back. Our clocks were showing 11 30 p.m. and we were all amazed that time can pass so quickly. But that's the beauty of being with friends, you don't realuize how quickly time passes. Our college gates shut at 12 a.m. so all of us were a little worried. But ahhh, we had forgotten that we authority on our side that night...:D Remeber my dean's car?? Hehe...Finally we got back to our room, soaked to the bone, exhausted but feeling exhilerated and out of the world.

7 comments:

  1. hey i really enjoyed that day...........
    the movie was good and the chinese food too was pretty nice

    i had to jump into my room by climbing over the window since our hostel was closed ;-)
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one. I think, it was one of your best pieces, considering that you treaded on a territory which is still relatively unexplored. Good, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe...Nice experience for u isn't? :) Btw did the dean's sponsor your tickets? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, rejil, i so wish that was true, but WE HAD TO SPONSOR THE KID'S!!!

    Astha... u forgot the FORK FIGHT and the "kid's boyfriend" bit! Damn, that was so much fun! And, lol, u idiot, whats left to say when u'v sed it all!!! But yeah, that sure was one heck of a time we had!

    This peice is going to be etched in memories for a long long time until I end up with amnesia! Thanks for makin it possible, astha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey nice experience..n dt to wtchng movie in a theatre after 3mnths..lol --Pallavi

    ReplyDelete
  6. u don't resemble sid at all :P .. and anyhow the movie was slow and predictable :P -- Gabru

    ReplyDelete
  7. just because you didnt like it....you'll say things like that huh...:P

    ReplyDelete