Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cooking marriage !

What is so different about a marriage, you ask me? Nothing much really. The only difference that can be is of a perspective. The one that everyone has is of the glamour and perfection that every marriage portrays in front of the guests, be it in the form of decorations or food. The other perspective which I stumbled across was the one which is of the amount of work which goes behind the preparations of all that beauty and food. A very different yet no less enthralling one, I can say that for sure!

A marriage in my dad's friend circle was to take place towards the end of the winters in 2009. My dad was appointed the decorations and stage incharge. (:)...yeah...just imagine) So, the morning of the wedding and reception day we decided to go and take one final look at all the preparations. Very frankly, no words can describe my feelings when I reached the spot. These photographs would be much more adept at giving you a slight more idea of what exactly I sawe and felt in the kitchen around the reception area.


Large, canyon sized bowls were filled with colourful vegetables which refused to let the eyes wander around too much. On top of that the smells were so intoxicating that it was quite a task to come out from the kitchen area to see the decorations. However, the beautiful flowers which were being used for the stage decoration were another story altogether. (Yeah yeah, I am a flower lover).


That night when we went to the wedding and saw the beautiful stage all lit up with lights and enhanced by the beauty of the flowers, it was an amazing feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment